Using required tools and machinery in the agricultural field would help to avoid having injuries and accidents. There are several points to consider when working with this kind of machinery.
- Always read manual to clarify any doubts you might encounter.
- Always follow machinery and tyre manufacturers instructions.
- Ensure that all safety features are in place (rollover protection structures, seatbelts, shields, proper lighting and marking).
- Use the correct maintenance tools and equipments according to users manual.
- Separate tools and equipments needing of repair in separate location.
- Get rid of all the equipments that are not repairable.
- Always follow manufacturers directions when installing machinery.
- Ensure proper storage of tools, equipment, material, flammables liquids, chemicals, etc in designed area.
- Allocate a special place for scrap and waste materials.
- Always wear safety gears when doing an operation.
- Protect your eyes with goggles and glasses when necessary.
- Use safety shoes when working in the workshop.
- Protect your ears with safety hear muffs when in contact with noisy machinery.
- Use the correct tools for mounting and demounting farm and industrial tyres with vegetable base lubricants.
- Inspect the tyres and rims for defects with ironworks, nuts, welds or any other material by cleaning them with antirust vegetable products.
- Never make repairs with hoops or rings while the tyre is inflated.
- Verify if the dimensions of the hoops are compatible with the tyres to be mounted.
- Always use new Goodyear tubes with new tyres.
- Store the tyres in warehouses covered from the sun and rain, keep them away from petroleum base products, electrical appliances, welding equipment, batteries and chemical agents.
- Be sure that when you acquire agricultural tyres, always review the correct application code of the tyre, by considering the equipment and the service in which they will be applied.
- When loading your equipment, pay attention to the load range/load index of your tyres. The ALAPA (Latin America Rim and Tyre Association regulates the load capacity and maximum speed for farm and industrial tyres.
- Air pressure is fundamental for a good performance of the tyres. Verify the air pressure, whenever it is possible, only when the tyres are cold. Follow the recommendations specified by the manufacturer of the equipment and/or manufacturer of tyres.
- Always inflate tyres in safety cages to avoid the risks impact from flying components.
- Using ballast inside the tyre can greatly improve the power and traction of the tractor. The ballasts can be either liquid or solids.
- The liquid ballast for conventional agricultural tyres must be approximately 75% water. For radial tyres, if it is necessary to use up to 40% of water.
- Use any procedure that can help you to alert yourself and others from dangerous or hazardous situations or material:
- Danger Red.
- Machine hazard Orange.
- Black Stripes Traffic pathways in the shop.
- White Stripes Traffic pathways in the shop.
- Safety equipment Green.
- Safety areas Green.
- First aid kits Green.
- Caution Yellow.