HIGHWAY AUTO AND LIGHT TRUCK REPLACEMENT AND ADJUSTMENT POLICY (EXCLUDES UNISTEEL RADIAL LIGHT TRUCK) WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You are eligible for the benefits of this Limited Warranty if you meet all the following criteria:
- You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Goodyear highway auto or light truck tyres.
- Your tyres bear Department of Transportation prescribed tyre identification numbers.
- Your tyres have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer or Goodyear’s recommendations.
- Your tyres were purchased on or after October 1, 2003. Light truck tyres are defined as all tyres identified with the “LT” designation in the sidewall stamping plus the 8-19.5 and 8R19.5 sizes, which do not carry the “LT” designation.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
FREE TYRE REPLACEMENT
Any new Goodyear highway radial auto or radial light truck replacement tyre, except Unisteel radial light truck tyres, covered by this policy, removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first 1.5mm of usable tread wear will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tyre at no charge, excluding mounting and balancing. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine age.)
ALL OTHER HIGHWAY AUTO OR LIGHT TRUCK TYRES
Any new Goodyear highway auto or light truck replacement tyre, other than radial auto, radial light truck, or Unisteel radial light truck tyre, removed from service due to a covered warranty condition during the first .75mm of usable tread wear will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tyre at no charge, excluding mounting and balancing.
Tyres not eligible for free replacement that are removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tyre on a prorated basis.
HOW WILL PRORATED CHARGES BE CALCULATED?
Replacement price will be calculated by multiplying the current Goodyear “Suggested Retail Price” or current advertised price at adjustment location (Dealer) at the time of adjustment, by the percentage of usable original tread that has been worn off.
You pay for mounting and balancing, and any applicable taxes.
EXAMPLE: If you have used 50% of the useful tread (as per the Goodyear treadwear index), you must pay 50% of the Suggested Retail Price or current advertised price of the comparable tyre at adjustment location and any applicable taxes for the comparable new replacement tyre at the time of adjustment. If the price of the new comparable tyre is $2000, the cost to you would be $1000 plus applicable taxes.
WHAT IS A COMPARABLE TYRE?
A “comparable” new Goodyear tyre may either be the same line of tyre or, in the event that the tyre is not available, a tyre of the same basic construction and quality with a different sidewall or tread configuration. If a higher priced tyre is accepted as replacement, the difference in price will be at an additional charge to you.
Any replacement tyre provided pursuant to this warranty will be covered by the Goodyear warranty in effect at the time of replacement.
A. You must rotate your tyres in accordance with the prescribed rotation patterns as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or Goodyear.
B. You must present the tyre to be adjusted to a Goodyear Retailer. Tyres replaced as an adjustment become the property of Goodyear Jamaica Limited.
C. You must pay for any additional service you order at the time of adjustment relating to any unique applications requiring mounting, demounting and balancing.
D. When making a claim for ride disturbance, you must present your original tyre purchase invoice which shows the tyre description, and the date the tyre(s) were purchased.
E. No claim will be recognized unless submitted on a Goodyear claim form (supplied by a Goodyear Retailer) completely filled out and where you, the owner or your authorized agent presented the tyre for adjustment.
A tyre has delivered its full original tread life and the coverage of this warranty ends when the treadwear indicators become visible (worn to 1.5mm), or six (6) years from the date of original tyre manufacture or new tyre purchase date. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine age.)
This limited warranty is applicable only in Jamaica.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This limited warranty does not cover the following:
- Tyres submitted for ride disturbance that are worn beyond the first 1.5mm tread depth or beyond six (6) months from the date of purchase, whichever occurs first, or tyres submitted for ride disturbance due to damaged wheels or any vehicle condition. Proof of purchase is required (see E. under Owner’s Obligations)
- Goodyear does not warrant or give credit in any adjustment transaction for any kind of material added to a tyre (e.g., tyre fillers, sealants, balancing substances) after the tyre leaves a factory producing Goodyear tyres, nor will it adjust any tyre that has failed as a result of adding such material.
- Irregular wear or damage due to mechanical condition of the vehicle, improper inflation, overloading, high speed spin-up, misapplication, misuse, negligence, racing, use of tyre chains, improper mounting or demounting, improper repair, wreck, collision or fire.
- Road hazards (includes, but not limited to, punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks, etc.).
- Any tyre that, after leaving a factory producing Goodyear tyres, has been intentionally altered to change its appearance (e.g., white inlay on a black tyre or regrooved).
- Tyres with weather cracking that were purchased more than four (4) years prior to presentation for adjustment or, if purchase date cannot be verified, manufactured more than four years prior to presentation for adjustment.
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use, incidental or Consequential damages.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
No representative or dealer has authority to make any representation, promise, or agreement on behalf of Goodyear, except as stated herein.
Any tyre, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer. Under no circumstances is this warranty a representation that a tyre failure cannot occur.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN AN ADJUSTMENT?
- You must present the tyre to be adjusted to an authorized Goodyear service facility. Tyres replaced on an adjustment basis become the property of Goodyear Jamaica Limited.
- You must pay for taxes and any additional services you order at the time of adjustment.
- You must submit your claim on a Goodyear claim form supplied by an authorized Goodyear service facility. The form must be filled out completely, where you the owner or your authorized agent presented the tyre for adjustment.
Property damage, serious injury or death may result from:
- TYRE FAILURE DUE TO UNDERINFLATION/OVERLOADING.
Follow the owner’s manual or tyre placard in vehicle.
- EXPLOSION OF TYRE/RIM ASSEMBLY DUE TO IMPROPER MOUNTING.
Only specially-trained persons should mount tyres.
- FAILURE TO MOUNT RADIAL TYRES ON APPROVED RIMS.
- FAILURE TO DEFLATE SINGLE OR DUAL ASSEMBLIES COMPLETELY BEFORE DEMOUNTING.
- TYRE SPINNING ON SLIPPERY SURFACES.. DO NOT SPIN TYRES IN EXCESS OF 35MPH (55 KPH), AS INDICATED ON THE SPEEDOMETER. PERSONAL INJURY AND SEVERE DAMAGE MAY RESULT FROM EXCESSIVE WHEEL SPINNING, INCLUDING TYRE DISINTEGRATION OR AXLE FAILURE.
TYRE CARE AND MAINTENANCE GUIDE
The easiest way to help ensure satisfactory mileage and Performance from your Goodyear tyres is to give them a simple but frequent inspection for proper inflation, even tread wear, and the presence of any damage.
Visit our website for more information on Tyre Maintenance www.goodyear.com.jm